Veronica In England

My adventures in Oxford, UK June 25-August 8th 2005

Monday, July 18, 2005

Adventures in Laundry

So I did laundry today, putting if off as much as I could. I officially ran out of clothes this morning so the trip to the laundry room was inevitable. Right now things are in the dryer, tumbling, but initial inspection revelaed that no colors had bled and nothing was ruined! Hoorah for Veronica, mistress of laundry. My namesake saint (St. Veronica) is the patron saint of laundry workers, so maybe this washing clothes thing comes naturally to me. Or maybe not.

I have a paper on gender issues in Shakesperian comedy due on Wednesday and I signed up for my coat of arms project for Medieval History, so school is still there and I'm still working. Can't wait for Ireland this weekend, and I think I'll be getting to meet Tommy's parents on Thursday, not sure yet. The weather has cooled down a bit so my room is far more bearable than before, hopefully it'll remain this weather till I leave. Fun times in Worcester continue, stay tuned!
More pictures of Scotland:

The Edinburgh Castle visible through an alley leading up to the Castle Rock:





















Me playing with a dagger in the armor store. That was FUN!:

















All the Tech people that were waiting in line to buy Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince:

















The Tartan Factory and Heritage Museum. Those machines really make the fabric that kilts are made of, I was sorely tempted to spend $200 on one:

1 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a bit behind on reading your journal...
but remember the time you got grape juice on your mom's shirt?

>:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home