Veronica In England

My adventures in Oxford, UK June 25-August 8th 2005

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Breaking the Silence

Ok, so I haven't posted in a few days. Not for lack of wanting though, I've had lots to do school wise, and the other times I've just been sleeping. We are nearing our last week here and I'm sort of dreading it. Maybe I can change my ticket to leave a week later, that would be nice. At some point this week I'll put up my entry about last weekend in Ireland along with pictures.

Last night the Provost (the president of Worcester) invited us all over for champagne in his garden. We all got super dressed up and spent 2 hours freely drinking with our professors and other Worcester dignitaries. All the boys looked like McCallie guys in their khakies, polos, button downs and ties, it was super cute. The girls showed more imagination and overall it was nice to see everyone not in jeans and teeshirts and flipflops and Oxford sweaters like we have been the last 5 weeks. The Provost himself is an interesting character, cracking tons of inapropriate jokes in his very proper english accent. They say his wife was an affair turned marriage, and he always sits next to a lady at dinner. Those wily English... Anyway, lots of pictures were taken and we all finally got a glimpse inside this garden they've been hiding from us.

The Provost's house





















View of the College from the garden
















Me and Katy looking gorgeous as usual



Me sneaking into the Group 1 girl picture. I wonder if they'll notice, I'm friends with most of them anyway


Me enjoying champagne by the sundial among the roses. How cute


Finally, me on the pretty bridge that was roped off before last night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home